and Meuhedet C
Foreign members may expand the basket of medical services in the standard plan by joining the extra coverage health services plans Meuhedet Adif and Meuhedet C.
Members can join these plans up to the age of 55, and are subject to payment of an additional premium, certain restrictions, and waiting periods as may be
required by the plan's regulations and the conditions stipulated in Meuhedet procedures.
Under the medical services plan for foreign members, the insured are entitled to a basket of medical services corresponding to a basket known in Israel as the "health basket,"
as detailed in the Second Schedule to the National Health Insurance Law of 1995, with modifications to meet the needs of foreign members, as detailed in the regulations of
the Foreign Members Medical Services Plan.
Below is a summary of the Meuhedet medical services offered to foreign members at its clinics and institutes and/or by suppliers under contract with Meuhedet:
Meuhedet also provides additional services, as detailed below. The rights granted by virtue of the abovementioned basket of services are honored subject to Meuhedet procedures
- family doctor, pediatrician and gynecologist.
- diagnosis and treatment by specialists employed by Meuhedet or under contract with Meuhedet,
subject to referral by a Meuhedet treating physician and subject to Meuhedet procedures.
- in public hospitals with which Meuhedet has an agreement without a waiting period,
subject to an appropriate undertaking by Meuhedet to pay the bill (other than in emergencies).
- covering of expenses for referral to the emergency room, as set out in the plan's regulations.
- pharmacy services at Meuhedet medical centers throughout the country, as well as the option of using
hundreds of external/ private pharmacies with which Meuhedet has an agreement.
Emergency medical and other services
- foreign members who urgently require the services of a doctor after Meuhedet clinic hours, and who cannot go to a Meuhedet emergency center,
can request a home visit by a doctor.
The service is available between 7 p.m. and 6 a.m., and on Saturdays and holidays. Members are required to make a copayment of NIS 135 per visit.
Meuhedet emergency centers
- in urgent cases, when clinics are closed, foreign members can go to a Meuhedet emergency center or to a center under contract with Meuhedet.
Members are required to make a copayment of 27 NIS.
Emergency evacuation by ambulance
- foreign members who are taken to hospital by ambulance in the event of a medical emergency, and who are then hospitalized, are entitled to reimbursement
of the cost, according to Magen David Adom (MDA) ambulance service rates.
Private laboratories and institutes
- Meuhedet allows members to have tests conducted at imaging institutes, diagnostic institutes, gastroenterology institutes and laboratories,
as well as elective services as detailed in the guide to Meuhedet services, subject to referral by a Meuhedet doctor and subject to the authorization of the Meuhedet branch
office. Test results are available from the treating physician or by logging on to Meuhedet Online services on the Meuhedet website.
- is provided at Meuhedet institutes, subject to referral by a Meuhedet doctor.
- Meuhedet's network of medical clinics offers members complementary medicine treatment at reduced rates, including acupuncture, shiatsu, chiropractic,
homeopathy, Feldenkrais, and more, without a waiting period.
- foreign members are entitled to a variety of eye exams for medical purposes at Meuhedet clinics.
Payment of membership fees
Membership fees in the Foreign Members Plan are as follows:
||Membership fee by standing order
||Family membership fee*
Membership fees are linked to the Consumer Price Index.
The maximum age for joining the Foreign Members Plan is 65.
Family membership fees* - a family comprising a couple or more, regardless of the number
of children, is entitled to a payment ceiling for the family. The price will be determined according to the age
of the older of the two spouses insured.
A foreign member and/or family members wishing to retain the continuity of their rights when
they go abroad can do so by paying membership fees for the period of their stay abroad (which shall not exceed six months)
at a rate of 50% of the regular fee.
Membership fees shall be paid monthly after the first installment (which shall include advance
payment of the first four months) in accordance with Meuhedet procedures, by bank standing order or by credit card.
It must be emphasized that foreign members are obligated to pay fees and charges as well as any copayments in accordance with the plan's regulations,
similar to those that apply to Meuhedet members under the National Health Insurance Law.
Additional services for foreign members
Wheelchairs and walkers
Mantoux tests and lung x-rays
Vaccinations against tetanus, rabies and diphtheria
Amniotic fluid tests for women aged 35 and above at the start of pregnancy